With Spring here remember some basic rules when choosing your dress shirt.
- Button Down Collars - Save this for the no tie day. Throw over your favorite blazer and the new colored pants and you have a fabulous look. A bit preppy but distinctly gentleman.
- Pinned Collars - Up tight and formal? Then have at it. This is the power look…a big meeting or business presentation? Go for it. Be sure to match with complimenting cuff links
- Spread Collars - Only if you have a short neck or tie a full Windsor. It may be a a bit bulky for that spring look you are going for.
- Tabbed or Hidden Buttons - Tie? No Tie? Yes and Yes. The most versatile shirt in your lineup. Throw the tie on to start the day and rip it off for a more casual “Drinks at my place?” look.
- Standard Collar - This is for a tie most days. Be sure to use high quality collar stays. Stainless steel or heavy plastic are best. Also make certain the fit of the shirt if you choose to not wear tie. You don’t want the collar to spread too far.